- 1-1/3 cups shortbread cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shortening
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugars and vanilla until smooth. Beat in milk and flour. Add eggs and egg yolk, beating on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove side of pan. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Top the cheesecake with pecans; drizzle with chocolate mixture and caramel topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate-Caramel Topped Cheesecake
Sort By :
"I Love this cheesecake along with all my family and friends."
"I made this for a jewelry demo that I was hosting and everyone could not stop raving about it....I'm going to make it for Easter now and wow my family as well"
"This was my first attempt at making cheeseccake, and it turned out delicious! I actually only baked it for 35 minutes, then let it sit in the oven (off) for 15 minutes. It did crack, but that got covered with the toppings! I even used 1 reduced fat cream cheese pkg and 2 regular, and it turned out fabulous. Call me crazy for trying to reduce the calories in a cheesecake...? Not sure what I was thinking; I'm just glad it turned out for Thanksgiving!!"
"This is so delicious!!! Everytime I make it everyone absolutely loves it!!"
"I made this cheesecake for a co-worker's birthday. She is the cheesecake making queen and this passed her strict critique with flying colors! I did toast the pecans with about 1/2 tsp. butter. I also made the caramel topping. It was not overwhelmingly sweet like most turtle cheesecake recipes."