- in center of each with the end of a wooden spoon handle. Bake 10-12
- minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a large heavy saucepan, melt caramels with cream over low heat;
- stir until smooth. Fill each cookie with about 1/2 teaspoon caramel
- mixture. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir
- until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; let stand until set. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 128 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 55 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.