Chocolate Caramel Tart Recipe
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 30 caramels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir the caramels and caramel topping over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup cream and pecans. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 3. In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tart. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 478 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Tart
"I substituted coconut for pecans and sprinkled toasted coconut on top along with the chocolate. Oh, and I used dark chocolate in place of semi sweet."
"SUeqb- di doyu get an answer to your question about freezing this? Did you try?Did it work?"
"real rich good with a cup of coffee"
"Can you freeze this?"
"This sounds very divine"
"This tart is a big hit and very easy to make!"