Look no further when you want a dessert that's gooey and good! Each piece is like a big candy bar on a plate.
- 2 cups crushed chocolate wafers (about 35 wafers)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 30 caramels
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, cook and stir the caramels and caramel topping over low heat until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in 1/4 cup cream and pecans. Spread over crust. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips with remaining cream over low heat, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over tart. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Caramel Tart in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p90
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review