Chocolate-Caramel Supreme Pie Recipe
At a church fund-raiser, I purchased a pie-a-month package furnished by a local family. From among all the varieties they made, this one was the best, with its chocolate crust, creamy caramel filling and fluffy topping.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 5 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 30 caramels
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 chocolate crumb crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chocolate hearts or curls, optional
- 1. In a large saucepan, add the caramels, butter and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until caramels are melted. Spread over crust; sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth; spread over caramel layer. Refrigerate.
- 3. In a large saucepan, melt chocolate chips with hot water over low heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- 4. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over cream cheese layer. Garnish with chocolate hearts or curls if desired. Chill until serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 553 calories, 31 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC