- 1/2 cup each yellow, green, orange and red candy coating disks
- 16 to 20 small lemon, rose or mint leaves
- 2-1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 4 Popsicle sticks
- 4 large navel oranges, peeled
- 1 package (11 ounces) Kraft caramel bits
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place candy coatings in separate microwave-safe bowls. Heat in a microwave until melted; stir until smooth. With a small new paint brush, brush candy coating in a thin layer on the underside of each leaf. Refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.
- Apply a second layer of candy coating to leaves; refrigerate for at least 15 minutes or overnight. Gently peel leaves from coating.
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip ends of Popsicle sticks into chocolate and insert into oranges. Let stand until chocolate is set.
- Melt caramels and water in a microwave; stir until smooth. Dip oranges into caramel; turn to coat. Place on prepared pan and let stand until set.
- Remelt chocolate if necessary. Dip oranges into chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Attach leaves as desired. Return to pan; refrigerate until serving. Cut with a serrated knife. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Oranges
Sort By :
The caramel did not stick to the orange and it was hard to cover with chocolate afterwards. The picture looks a lot better than what it looks in reality
the caramel slid right off the oranges--decided to refrigerate the oranges and tried again-no luck---the little bit of caramel that was on the oranges only made a mess when trying to put the chocolate on top.
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >