Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits
Our home economist came up this tempting dessert that only requires three ingredients. The contrasting layers look lovely in tall, clear glasses.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan
- over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove
- from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl;
- refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it
- begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top
- with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until
- serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 parfait equals 711 calories, 66 g fat (41 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.