Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits Recipe
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- 2. For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- 3. Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 711 calories, 66g fat (41g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits
"Wow. Sounds delish, but not for that many cals! Gotta be a way to lighten it up."
"You have got to be kidding......66 grams of fat per serving. No way, would I make this no matter how tempting it may look. And I love carmel!"