Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits Recipe
Our home economist came up this tempting dessert that only requires three ingredients. The contrasting layers look lovely in tall, clear glasses.
- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1. For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- 2. For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- 3. Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 parfait equals 711 calories, 66 g fat (41 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC