- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p85
Reviews for Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"Wow. Sounds delish, but not for that many cals! Gotta be a way to lighten it up."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2011
"You have got to be kidding......66 grams of fat per serving. No way, would I make this no matter how tempting it may look. And I love carmel!"