- 4 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- For chocolate mousse, heat 2 cups cream in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat until it begins to simmer, about 180°. Remove from the heat; whisk in chocolate until smooth. Transfer to a bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Beat until soft peaks form.
- For caramel mousse, beat remaining cream in a large bowl until it begins to thicken. Add caramel topping; beat until soft peaks form.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons chocolate mousse into six parfait glasses; top with 3 tablespoons caramel mousse. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p85
Reviews for Chocolate-Caramel Mousse Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"Wow. Sounds delish, but not for that many cals! Gotta be a way to lighten it up."
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2011
"You have got to be kidding......66 grams of fat per serving. No way, would I make this no matter how tempting it may look. And I love carmel!"