Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chocolate frosting and hot caramel ice cream topping
- Additional walnuts, optional
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups one-third full; set remaining batter aside. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until top of cupcake appears set.
- 2. Gently press a caramel into each cupcake; sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. Top with remaining batter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting and drizzle with ice cream topping. Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
"I made a caramel filling that was perfect to fill a cupcake and stayed firm enough not to soak into the cupcake but soft enough that when you bit into the cupcake you got a nice soft, creamy caramel center. I used 24 caramels, 1/3 cup of half and half, 1/4 cup of Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk, a tblsp. of butter and placed on low heat until all was melted and smooth. For my use, I wanted to spice it up so used a little cayenne pepper and some fresh ginger paste and it was delish with just a touch of "heat". This recipe worked very well for me. See what you think! p.s. do NOT bring to a boil under any circumstances, just heat until all is melted and smooth! Cam"
"Thanks for that review....because of it I am going to try carmel icecream topping in the center since I want to make these tonight and take them to school tomorrow afternoon. I'll let you know how that works."
"I thought that this was very good .. However when the caramel cooled down inside the cakes it turned really hard .. how do you fix that one?"