Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes Recipe
You only need a few baking staples to throw together these gooey delights. Boxed cake mix and a can of frosting make them fast, but caramel, walnuts and chocolate chips tucked inside make them memorable. We like them with ice cream. —Bev Spain, Belleville, Ohio
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 24 caramels
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Chocolate frosting and hot caramel ice cream topping
- Additional walnuts, optional
- 1. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups one-third full; set remaining batter aside. Bake at 350° for 7-8 minutes or until top of cupcake appears set.
- 2. Gently press a caramel into each cupcake; sprinkle with chocolate chips and walnuts. Top with remaining batter. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- 3. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Frost with chocolate frosting and drizzle with ice cream topping. Sprinkle with additional nuts if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cupcakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC