- 1 teaspoon plus 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 45 Club crackers (2-1/2x1 inch)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 9-in.-square baking pan with foil and grease the foil with 1 teaspoon butter. Arrange a single layer of crackers in the pan.
- In a large saucepan, combine milk, brown sugar, corn syrup and remaining butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to maintain a low boil; cook and stir 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Evenly spread a third of the mixture over the crackers. Repeat cracker and caramel layers twice.
- Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over caramel; let stand 3-5 minutes or until glossy. Spread over top. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until chocolate is set. Using foil, lift layers out of pan; cut into 3x1-in. bars. Yield: 27 bars.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cracker Bars
Sort By :
"Delicious and easy!"
"I made these for a bake sale and they were a big hit! very yummy"
"they are wonderful and I put them in the oven at lowest temperature so the chocolate chips melt in order to smooth them out easier. I meant to have 5 stars I don't know what happened."
"Wonderful and easy."
"I made these bars with Graham Crackers instead of club crackers, and sprinkled chopped walnuts on top of chocolate.Excellent bars."