Chocolate Caramel Corn
You may want to make a double batch of this irresistible snack...it gets gobbled up fast! "We purchased something similar from a local Boy Scout," recalls James Claassen of Brewster, Kansas. "We liked it so much we created our own version by coating caramel corn with rich milk chocolate."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 6 cups caramel popcorn with peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Place
- popcorn in a large bowl; drizzle with melted chocolate and stir
- gently. Spread on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate
- until set. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield:
- 6 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 332 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.