Chocolate Caramel Cookies Recipe
This is my favorite recipe for bake sales and bazaars. Each delightfully sweet chocolate cookie has a fun caramel surprise in the middle, thanks to Rolo candy. Dipped in pecans before baking, they look so nice that they sell in a hurry.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- 2. Shape dough by tablespoonfuls around each candy. In a small bowl, combine remaining pecans and sugar; dip each cookie halfway.
- 3. Place with nut side up on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until top is slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
2 cookies equals 244 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC