Chocolate Caramel Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans, divided
- 1 package (13 ounces) Rolo candies
- In a large bowl, cream butter, 1 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup pecans.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfuls around each candy. In a small bowl, combine remaining pecans and sugar; dip each cookie halfway.
- Place with nut side up on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-10 minutes or until top is slightly cracked. Cool for 3 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cookies
Sort By :
I'm not thrilled how thses cookies look... They taste ok, but I will probably not make them again. I might try subsitiute the surgar for powdered sugar.
I've been wanting to make these cookies for years,and when I finally decided to make them I was very disappointed because for me they were way too sweet,however I liked their texture,chewy inside and crispy outside,and I found that the caramel texture gets better the day after because it gets denser.I will probably not make them again.
Awesome recipe!! For easier handling, chill dough for a couple of hours before forming dough around Rolo's.
I had the ingredients, the Rolo's and picked this recipe. It all turned out perfect. Perfect dough texture and it made me feel like a pro. My family loves them.