Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Recipe
- 6 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, crushed
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 25 caramels
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1. In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and butter. Press onto the bottom of a 9-in. springform pan coated with cooking spray. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan over low heat, stir caramels and milk until smooth. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with pecans.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Pour over caramel layer. Place pan on baking sheet.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer.
- 5. Chill for 4 hours or overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 284 calories, 17g fat (10g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 270mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 fat, 2 starch.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake
"This was the recipe I chose for my first attempt at baking a cheesecake. Turned out great! Gooey caramel + cheesecake = can't go wrong!"