- bars lengthwise in two rows down the center third of the rectangle.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips into the center to within
- 1/2 in. of candy bars. Starting at one end, fold alternating strips
- at an angle across candy bars. Pinch ends to seal and tuck under.
- Repeat with remaining dough and candy bars. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over braids. Bake at 375° for
- 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks
- to cool. Yield: 3 loaves (16 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 132 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 113 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.