Chocolate Caramel Bars with Walnuts Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- CARAMEL LAYER:
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour until well combined. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; set aside.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine butter and brown sugar. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute. Stir in walnuts. Spread over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Allow chips to soften for a few minutes, then spread over caramel layer. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 each: 166 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 64mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Bars with Walnuts
"I've made these many times. Simple and inexpensive. I cooked the caramel layer a bit longer and they were fabulous. Don't last long either."
"Very fast and easy, the best part they were great!"