Chocolate Caramel Bars
Even after tasting some wonderful European chocolates, this is still my favorite chocolate recipe. It would by selfish not to share it with other chocolate lovers!
36-48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 package German chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- Melt caramels in a double boiler or microwave. Stir in 1/3 cup milk
- and set aside. In a bowl, combine cake mix, butter and remaining
- milk; set half aside and press other half into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 6 minutes. Remove from the
- oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Pour caramel mixture over;
- spoon reserved cake mixture on top. Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Yield: 3-4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 120 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.