Chocolate Caramel Apples Recipe
Caramel apples get dressed up for this harvesttime holiday with chocolate, nuts and toffee bits. "Cut into wedges, these scrumptious apples are easy to share," says Linda Smith of Frederick, Maryland.
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 wooden sticks
- 4 large tart apples
- 2 cups chopped pecans or peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 20-40 seconds longer or until the caramels are melted; stir until smooth.
- 2. Insert wooden sticks into apples; dip apples into the caramel mixture, turning to coat. Coat with nuts; set on waxed paper to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over apples. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Place on waxed paper to cool. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 723 calories, 43 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 90 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Apples
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC