Chocolate Caramel Apples Recipe
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 wooden sticks
- 4 large tart apples
- 2 cups chopped pecans or peanuts
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon shortening
- 1 cup English toffee bits or almond brickle chips
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the caramels and water. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir. Microwave 20-40 seconds longer or until the caramels are melted; stir until smooth.
- 2. Insert wooden sticks into apples; dip apples into the caramel mixture, turning to coat. Coat with nuts; set on waxed paper to cool.
- 3. Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over apples. Sprinkle with toffee bits. Place on waxed paper to cool. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 723 calories, 43g fat (13g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 90g carbohydrate (76g sugars, 8g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Chocolate Caramel Apples
"I didn't make these, my friend did, using Granny Smith apples. I'm not a caramel gal but these were incredible! The tartness of the apple was the perfect foil for all that sweetness."