Chocolate Cappuccino Mousse Cake Recipe
Layers of coffee-flavored angel food cake and decadent chocolate mousse are covered with a to-die-for buttercream frosting. Each slice of this dessert is like a piece of heaven. It takes some time to prepare, but the compliments that follow make the effort worth it.—Jane Woods, Fort Worth, Texas
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons brewed coffee
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 5-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1. Line the bottoms of three 9-in. round baking pans with waxed paper; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, water and coffee on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Gently spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until tops are golden brown and dry. Cool in pans on wire racks.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the chocolate, coffee granules and cinnamon. In a small saucepan, cook and stir cream over medium heat until hot (do not boil). Pour over chocolate mixture; stir until smooth. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until chilled and slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Beat on medium speed just until stiff peaks form.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat the frosting ingredients until light and fluffy. Place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with half of the filling. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread frosting over the top and sides of cake. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 478 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 270 mg sodium, 73 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cappuccino Mousse Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC