"This decadent dessert is sure to please your favorite chocolate or coffee lover," confirms Katie Sloan of Charlotte, North Carolina. "It's easy to make, too!"
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Additional whipped cream, baking cocoa and ground cinnamon or cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a small saucepan, dissolve coffee in hot water. Stir in the milk, cocoa and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until blended. Remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a large bowl; cool completely. In a small bowl, beat cream and cinnamon until stiff peaks form. Fold a fourth of the whipped cream mixture into cocoa mixture, then fold in the remaining whipped cream mixture. Spoon into dessert dishes. Top with additional whipped cream, cocoa and cinnamon if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cappuccino Mousse in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p40
Reviews for Chocolate Cappuccino Mousse
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2012
"Wow! Thanks for pointing that out. 863 calories is 3/4 of what I eat in a whole day!!"
Reviewed May. 25, 2010
"863 Calories that's insane."