Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies Recipe
These chocolaty cookies have a mild coffee flavor that makes them a hit with whoever tries them.—Eleanor Senske, Rock Island, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:42 servings
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, 3/4 cup sugar, oil, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee; beat until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to coffee mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a glass dipped in the remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until center is set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
One cookie equals 43 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC