These chocolaty cookies have a mild coffee flavor that makes them a hit with whoever tries them.—Eleanor Senske, Rock Island, Illinois
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, 3/4 cup sugar, oil, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee; beat until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to coffee mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a glass dipped in the remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until center is set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies in Country Woman March/April 2001, p37
Reviews for Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review