- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve coffee granules in hot water. In a large bowl, combine the egg white, 3/4 cup sugar, oil, corn syrup, vanilla and coffee; beat until well blended. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; gradually add to coffee mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a glass dipped in the remaining sugar.
- Bake at 350° for 5-7 minutes or until center is set. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cappuccino Cookies
"The cookies are good especially if you like coffee. I made these from TOH's "The Ultimate cookie Collection" cookbook. It seems there may be a misprint in the book calling for 2 tsp of corn syrup and 2T of corn syrup. I would like to know the correct amount since I followed the recipe in the cook book.The dough was wet, I added 1/4cup more flour and they were messy rolling into balls and flattening with the glass dipped in sugar. (as a previous person mentioned) Then I decided to dip the glass in powdered sugar and that worked much better."
"These taste good, but the smashing with a glass dipped in sugar was messy and tedious. Mine were too wet to roll into a ball so I used a scoop."
"these aren't ur typical cookie. The flavor was good, but they didn't spread out some like i was expecting."
"Changed the instant coffee granules to 2T espresso shot plus 1/2 tsp finely ground espresso beans because I live in latte land and I wanted to up the coffee. My family loved them. My son in the Army appreciated the chocolate without being gooey in the heat. Definitely will make them again."