- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in milk until
- smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon oil if desired. Cool
- In a large bowl, beat ricotta cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in
- custard mixture. Fold in chocolate. Spoon or pipe into shells. Dip
- each side in pistachios. Serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Yield: 12 filled pizzelle.
Nutritional Facts: 1 filled pizzella (calculated without confectioners' sugar) equals 289 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.