- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups Galbani® Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. beat until smooth. Stir in chips; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cannoli Cake Roll
Sort By :
"This is an awesome recipe and have made it for year. I can tell you from experience if you use even a drop too much vanilla your cannoli filling will be runny."
"Turned out great! I didn't have an issue with runny filling, just a lot of it. It tastes amazing though!"
"I used the basic receipt. Except t bought 20 pounds of bakers ricotta & used what I needed & fro pie the rest in smaller containers- it has lasted 6 months. The bakers ricotta is so thick there is no need to strain, plus it is very rich. To that I add, a couple large spoonfuls of cool whip , not low fat, and some spoonfuls of powdered sugar & I blend in chopped & dried out maraschino cherries plus 1-2 cups of mini choco chip, dash of nutmeg or chopped pistachios, if liked, I chill it all for 2 hours & fill shells or make a ricotta roll with chocolate cake., I give my italian mil for her great cooking!"
"I haven't made this yet ,but I have a lot of experience working with ricotta. It is usually put in a fine mesh sieve over a bowl and covered with plastic wrap. Then a plate is put on it and a heavy can on top of that , then it is left in the fridge to drain overnight. Especially ricotta from the grocery store it doesn't matter much in dishes like lasagne but a cake like this, the filling would need to be somewhat firmer, I hope this helps!"
"FILLING SOLUTION (maybe):I haven't made this as of yet so I can't attest to this solution. While reviewing other cannoli recipes I came across one where just about everyone complained of the filling being "soupy". One reader (familiar with making cannoli's) stated that the ricotta should be placed in a fine mesh sieve and allowed to drain for several hours or preferably overnight.I hope this information helped. If anyone tries it please post how it turned out."