Creamy ricotta cheese filling with a hint of cinnamon rolls up beautifully in this fluffy chocolate cake. —Tammy Rex, New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1-3/4 cups chocolate cake mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add the ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. beat until smooth. Stir in chips; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with waxed paper and grease the paper; set aside.In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, oil and eggs; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 12-14 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes
- Invert onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar. Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Unroll cake; spread filling over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Place seam side down on a serving platter. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cannoli Cake Roll in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p41
Reviews for Chocolate Cannoli Cake Roll
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review