- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold brewed coffee
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small bowl, combine the egg white, ricotta cheese, sugar, coffee and orange peel. Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight batter ingredients; beat until well blended. Combine the flours, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with heaping tablespoons of ricotta mixture; cut through batter with a knife to swirl.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cannoli Cake
Sort By :
"This cake was just a little too moist and the ricotta mixture sank to the bottom. Weird."
"the family loved it!!! personally, i thought the smell was quite odd however"
"This was very easy to make. I substituted Kahlua for the coffee and it was delicious! My whole family really likes this cake. Next time I will add some chocolate chips and walnuts to the cake batter."
"The cake is better a day or two later. Wonderfully moist. I added some icing made of lemon juice and powder sugar and drizzled on top. It's a keeper."
"This is delicious and so easy to make."