Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
These cookies are so simple, children can help prepare them. They taste delicious and look festive on cookie trays. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + standing YIELD:48 servings
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Divide dough into 48 pieces; shape each into a 3-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; curve the top of each cookie to form the handle of a candy cane. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Melt white chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with candies. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC