Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies Recipe
These cookies are so simple, children can help prepare them. They taste delicious and look festive on cookie trays. —Agnes Ward, Stratford, Ontario
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 ounces white baking chocolate
- 2/3 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1. Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in melted chocolate and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Divide dough into 48 pieces; shape each into a 3-in. rope. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets; curve the top of each cookie to form the handle of a candy cane. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Melt white chocolate in a microwave; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies and sprinkle with candies. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies
Reviewed Nov. 30, 2013
"kind of bland. didn't really care for it that much. just average"
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2012
"I love this recipe. I started making it a few years ago when I found it in a cookbook given to me by my mother. It is perfect for holiday parties!"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC