Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling Recipe
I'm a chocoholic and my kids love peanut butter, so a sweet slice of this cake is a real treat for all of us. A boxed mix cuts down on preparation time for busy moms like me. -Fran Green, Linden, New Jersey
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup whipped topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- 3. Split cake in half horizontally; place bottom layer on a serving plate. Spread with the peanut butter mixture. Top with remaining cake. Refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. In a small heavy saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Stir in chocolate chips; cook and stir until chocolate is melted. Refrigerate until spreadable. Frost top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC