"Careful!" writes Lori Trull from Gardena, California. "This cake is so delicious you'll want to eat both of them!" For added eye appeal, garnish this dessert with cinnamon sticks.
Recommended: 25 Light Chocolate Dessert Recipes
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Butter bottoms and sides of two 4-in. fluted tube pans or 6-oz. ramekins with 1 teaspoon butter. Dust with baking cocoa; set aside. In a microwave, melt bittersweet chocolate and remaining butter; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and yolk on medium speed until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar, beating until thick and lemon-colored, about 3 minutes. Beat in chocolate mixture. Combine flour and salt; beat into egg mixture just until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine ice cream and cinnamon. Serve with warm cake. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream Sauce in Cooking for 2 Summer 2008, p49
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake with Ice Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review