Chocolate Cake With Fudge Sauce Recipe
My whole family makes sure to leave room for dessert when this wonderful cake is on the menu. We all love chocolate and agree this rich, quick and easy recipe is one of the yummiest ways to enjoy it.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding/pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, prepared pudding with milk according to package directions for pudding. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and beat until well blended.
- 2. Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. For sauce, in a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Stir in evaporated milk and sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm sauce with cake. Serve with mint if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC