- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding/pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, prepared pudding with milk according to package directions for pudding. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and beat until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Stir in evaporated milk and sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm sauce with cake. Serve with mint if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake With Fudge Sauce
"My great grandmother was a pastry chef from Europe, my grandmother on my other side was a personal chef on Jupiter Island. They taught me to never use milk in chocolate cake. The reason is because milk dulls the flavor of chocolate. Better to use cake mix directions on the box which usually use egg, oil, and water. The oil provides added richness and mouthfeel. Egg will not only give your cake added lift, but also help it stay moist longer because of the lecithin in the yolk. I also add 1- 2 tsp. instant coffee to ramp up the chocolate flavor and give the chocolate a richer flavor."
"Easy and decadent! I made it for dinner guests and everyone loved it. Topped it with homemade whipped cream."
"The cake is just okay. The fudge sauce is amazing. It is my go to hot fudge recipe. We usually have some in the fridge for ice cream."
"EXCELLENT .... VERY easy & WONDERFUL taste!!!THANK YOU for sharing this recipe!!!"
"Yummy, simple fudge sauce! I will use this fudge sauce recipe again and again."