- 1 package (3.4 ounces) cook-and-serve chocolate pudding/pie filling mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint, optional
- In a small saucepan, prepared pudding with milk according to package directions for pudding. Pour into a large bowl; add cake mix and beat until well blended.
- Spread into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and edges pull away from sides of pan. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, in a large heavy saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Stir in evaporated milk and sugar until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 8 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm sauce with cake. Serve with mint if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake With Fudge Sauce
Sort By :
"I was hosting a baby shower and wanted to keep it simple. I was making chocolate chunk brownies and to dress them up, decided to make a chocolate sauce that could be used with a brownie or brownie and ice cream. This sauce is amazing! It has a smooth, creamy texture that is delicious!"
"The cake is just okay. The fudge sauce is amazing. It is my go to hot fudge recipe. We usually have some in the fridge for ice cream."
"EXCELLENT .... VERY easy & WONDERFUL taste!!!THANK YOU for sharing this recipe!!!"
"Yummy, simple fudge sauce! I will use this fudge sauce recipe again and again."