- Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Stir; cook 30 seconds
- longer or until melted.
- In a small bowl, combine the buttermilk, oil and egg. Add to dry
- ingredients; beat just until combined. Add the chocolate mixture and
- Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for
- 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and
- chocolate; stir in the coffee until blended. Bring to a boil over
- medium heat; cook and stir until mixture is thickened. Remove from
- the heat; stir in butter and vanilla. Spread warm frosting over
- cake. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 394 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 361 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.