With the bold flavors of raspberry and coconut enhancing fudgy chocolate cake and creamy vanilla ice cream, what's not to love?-Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
Recommended: 78 Christmas Potluck Desserts for 12 or More
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) frozen chocolate fudge layer cake
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- Cut cake in half. Return half to the freezer. Let remaining cake stand at room temperature to thaw.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Cut cake into four slices; place on dessert plates. Spread with preserves. Top with coconut mixture and ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2008, p21
Reviews for Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review