Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) frozen chocolate fudge layer cake
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. Cut cake in half. Return half to the freezer. Let remaining cake stand at room temperature to thaw.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Cut cake into four slices; place on dessert plates. Spread with preserves. Top with coconut mixture and ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 slice with 2 tablespoons sauce and 1/3 cup ice cream equals 571 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 81 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce
"for a quick dessert this was OK, definately prefer homemade cakes"