Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce Recipe
With the bold flavors of raspberry and coconut enhancing fudgy chocolate cake and creamy vanilla ice cream, what's not to love?-Tabitha Freeman of Middletown, Connecticut
- 1 package (19.6 ounces) frozen chocolate fudge layer cake
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup red raspberry preserves
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1. Cut cake in half. Return half to the freezer. Let remaining cake stand at room temperature to thaw.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the coconut, milk and vanilla. Cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- 3. Cut cake into four slices; place on dessert plates. Spread with preserves. Top with coconut mixture and ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 571 calories, 23g fat (12g saturated fat), 62mg cholesterol, 274mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake with Coconut Sauce
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC