Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
These gooey, peanut-buttery treats taste like cake and cookies in one. They’ll be a hit at any bake sale. —Kathy Lazor, Vienna, Ohio
48 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in
- egg and vanilla. Add cake mix; beat on low speed until blended. Stir
- in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking
- sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool for 3
- minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 113 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.