These gooey, peanut-buttery treats taste like cake and cookies in one. They’ll be a hit at any bake sale. —Kathy Lazor, Vienna, Ohio
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cake mix; beat on low speed until blended. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes before removing to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p57
Reviews for Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review