Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because you’re now only minutes away from chocolate cake any time of the day or night! —Ruth Chaney, Delta Junction, Alaska
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: coffee ice cream and caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. In another
- bowl, whisk the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry
- ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 14-oz. microwave-safe mug coated with cooking spray.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until
- top appears dry. Cool for 1 minute. Serve with toppings of your
- choice. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cake (calculated without optional toppings) equals 955 calories, 59 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 215 mg cholesterol, 392 mg sodium, 102 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 14 g protein.