Chocolate Cake in a Mug Recipe
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: coffee ice cream and caramel ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Transfer to a 14-oz. microwave-safe mug coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until top appears dry. Cool for 1 minute. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 1 serving.
1 cake (calculated without optional toppin: 955 calories, 59g fat (11g saturated fat), 215mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 102g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 5g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Cake in a Mug
"It was okay....quick fix for something sweet"
"Wonderful chocolate fix - quick and easy! Works great in a taller coffee mug and 1 1/2 min seems right on the time. I topped ours with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle of homemade chocolate sauce."
"Made this into 3 seperate servings and poured into ramekins not mugs. Added a dollop of whipped cream and my family fell in love with this recipe!Little mess and a quiçk dessert for company!"
"The flavor was not a rich as I would have liked. This also made a huge mess in my coffee cups. If I make it again, I will have to spray the cups with A LOT of no-stick."
"Fun and easy for a quick chocolate fix, even without the chips! I can't believe this is 955 calories, though. I hope it's a mistake."
"Made this for my wife & I. This was excellent! One mug is enough for 2 people, unless you really need a "big" chocolate fix! I fixed one mug with 2 tbls of mini-chocolate chips and 1 with just 1 tbls of chips and thought that 1 tbls was enough. You decide how rich you want it. Also, go to the bottom of cup with each spoonful to get the rich gooey stuff. It was great with either vanilla or coffee ice cream...we tried both."
"I've already made is several times. It really makes 2 to 4 pieces. I even take a tablespoon of butter and cocoa and mix in 3 to 6 tablespoons of powdered sugar. Add a little vanilla and milk to make frosting. Yummy! Try adding cinnamon to your taste. That's good too!"