Why is this the most dangerous cake recipe in the world? Because you’re now only minutes away from chocolate cake any time of the day or night! —Ruth Chaney, Delta Junction, Alaska
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons semisweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: coffee ice cream and caramel ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cocoa and salt. In another bowl, whisk the egg, oil, milk and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Transfer to a 14-oz. microwave-safe mug coated with cooking spray. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 minutes or until top appears dry. Cool for 1 minute. Serve with toppings of your choice. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Chocolate Cake in a Mug in Simple & Delicious April/May 2012, p66
Reviews for Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review