- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate fudge pudding mix
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mixes and mayonnaise; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Shape by teaspoonfuls into balls; place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until cookies puff and surface cracks slightly. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews for Chocolate Cake Cookies
"I added white chips instead and left out the nuts"
"Pretty good, although I dont normally make cookies with a cake mix. I added little caramel bits along with mini chocolate chips and pecans- YUM!"
"If I could give this recipe no stars I would. Worst cookie recipe ever. Complete waste of time and MONEY. As a baker I should have known better. No eggs? No flour? No water? Not even glue could hold these ingredients together."
"I did try to give this recipe FIVE stars, too...but for some reason, it won't let me have more than four today...:)"
"I made this recipe recently with only 1 cup of real mayo, added 1 egg, and a little bit of water, plus a little bit of mint flavoring...I had a bag of chocolate and mint combo chips to add in, and yes...it was a fabulous result! They are soft and chewy, minty...really, really good and delicious! This is by far the best cake mix cookie recipe I've tried, and I plan to make up some more of my favorite combinations soon, using different cake mixes and pudding mixes and different "add-in" ingredients. I love this recipe!"