Chocolate Brownie Waffle Sundaes
One of my best friends loves chocolate as much as I do, so I like to make this over-the-top treat when we're together playing board games or cards in the winter. —Vicki DuBois, Milltown, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Hot caramel and/or fudge ice cream toppings
- In a microwave, melt chocolate; stir until smooth. Cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda
- and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and
- vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth. Stir in pecans and
- melted chocolate (batter will be thick).
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's