Chocolate Brownie Cookies
—Ruth Cain, Hartselle, Alabama
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, egg, oil, chocolate and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed
- mixture. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1-in. balls; roll in confectioners' sugar. Place 2
- in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. Yield: about 1
Editor’s Note: Dough will be sticky. Dip hands in confectioners' sugar when shaping dough into balls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 195 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.