Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- Confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small microwave-wave bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 2. Stir in cream; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 4. Spoon into two greased 2-cup souffle dishes. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 5. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or top with a dollop of whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 622 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 145mg cholesterol, 656mg sodium, 105g carbohydrate (79g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Bread Pudding
"I absolutely love this recipe, super simple and super yum!"
"This is so good and easy to prepare. Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"Absolutely delicious. Especially good when served with melted semisweet chocolate or hot fudge sauce. I shared the recipe with my sister who used banana bread and said it was a hit with her friends."