Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices day-old bread, crusts removed and cut into cubes (about 3 cups)
- Confectioners' sugar or whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a small microwave-wave bowl, melt chocolate; stir until smooth.
- 2. Stir in cream; set aside.
- 3. In a large bowl, whisk the sugar, milk, egg, vanilla and salt. Stir in chocolate mixture. Add bread cubes and toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 4. Spoon into two greased 2-cup souffle dishes. Bake at 350° for 30 to 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 5. If desired, sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or top with a dollop of whipped cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 622 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 105 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Reviews for Chocolate Bread Pudding
"I absolutely love this recipe, super simple and super yum!"
"This is so good and easy to prepare. Great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream."
"Absolutely delicious. Especially good when served with melted semisweet chocolate or hot fudge sauce. I shared the recipe with my sister who used banana bread and said it was a hit with her friends."