I love chocolate and I love berries, so I was thrilled to come across this recipe that combines the two. I like to use egg bread when making this dessert. Since it cooks in the slow cooker, I can tend to other things. —Becky Foster, Union, Oregon
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the bread cubes, chocolate chips and raspberries. Repeat layers. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve with whipped cream and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Bread Pudding with Raspberries
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review