Chocolate Bread Pudding with Raspberries
"I love chocolate and I love berries, so I was thrilled to come across this recipe that combines the two," remarks Becky Foster of Union, Oregon. "I like to use egg bread when making this dessert. Since it cooks in the slow cooker, I can tend to other things."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 2-1/4 hours
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the bread cubes,
- chocolate chips and raspberries. Repeat layers. In a bowl, whisk the
- eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until a
- thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve with
- whipped cream and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 352 calories, 19 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.