Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
"I love chocolate and I love berries, so I was thrilled to come across this recipe that combines the two," remarks Becky Foster of Union, Oregon. "I like to use egg bread when making this dessert. Since it cooks in the slow cooker, I can tend to other things."
- 6 cups cubed day-old bread (3/4-inch cubes)
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream and additional raspberries, optional
- In a greased 3-qt. slow cooker, layer half of the bread cubes, chocolate chips and raspberries. Repeat layers. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, milk, sugar and vanilla. Pour over bread mixture.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Serve with whipped cream and additional raspberries if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Chocolate Bread Pudding in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p53
Reviews for Chocolate Bread Pudding(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Bread Pudding >
- Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Pudding Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Egg Desserts >