Chocolate Bran Muffins Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups wheat bran
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips or raisins
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses. Combine the dry ingredients. Combine eggs and buttermilk; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 375° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 282 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 196mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Chocolate Bran Muffins
"these muffins are good, but not exceptional. I substituted oil for the butter and only used 1/2 the amount of sugar to make them healthy, otherwise they are definately NOT healthy. Next time I'd substitute whole wheat flour for 1/2 the white flour too."