- 3 to 4 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add 2 teaspoons honey;
- let stand 5 minutes. Add butter, egg, cocoa, salt, 1-1/2 cups bread
- flour and remaining honey. Beat 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in
- enough remaining bread flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll
- one portion into a 12x7-in. rectangle.
- In a small bowl, beat filling ingredients until smooth. Spread half
- of the filling over dough to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seams to seal.
- Place seam side down on a large greased baking sheet. With a sharp
- knife, cut roll in half lengthwise, leaving one end intact.
- Carefully turn cut sides up. Loosely twist strips around each other,
- keeping cut side up. Pinch ends to seal. Repeat with remaining dough
- and filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. For topping, combine flour, sugar and
- cinnamon in a small bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Add nuts.
- Sprinkle over loaves.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire
- racks to cool. In a small bowl, combine confectioner's sugar, cocoa,
- vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over
- warm loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 274 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.